Cypher Harrisburg
We are back online. However, sadly I was not able to make a permanent fix to the dice issue and have it work on all users. To keep things simple as GM I'll be throwing in the dice coding on my replies. Additionally to allow the game to move as swiftly and concise as possible when making an action PLEASE state all skills and abilities that you have that you believe will ad you in the roll as well as if you are putting in Extra Effort. As GM I will then determine if these abilities and bonuses apply generate the dice outcome and narrate as usual.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cypher Harrisburg
We are back online. However, sadly I was not able to make a permanent fix to the dice issue and have it work on all users. To keep things simple as GM I'll be throwing in the dice coding on my replies. Additionally to allow the game to move as swiftly and concise as possible when making an action PLEASE state all skills and abilities that you have that you believe will ad you in the roll as well as if you are putting in Extra Effort. As GM I will then determine if these abilities and bonuses apply generate the dice outcome and narrate as usual.
Cypher Harrisburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cypher Harrisburg

A modern Fantasy West Marches game using the Cypher System

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Marshland

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1The Marshland - Page 2 Empty The Marshland Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am

DMbobby

Admin

First topic message reminder :

This area covers any location not directly off the Walking Trails or considered part of Wildwood Lake

https://cypher-harrisburg.rpg-board.net

26The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:47 pm

gilesdorrington@gmail.com

OK, unless anybody's got any other ideas, I wouldn't mind staking out the trail to see who or what cast the enchantment (assuming they come back). Alternatively we could get a camera linked to an IR trigger and set a photo-trap?

27The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:17 am

Antisuperman

Alan nods in agreement. "Some sort of staking out may be warranted. I'm not sure the beast was evil exactly. Set, in Egyptian mythology, is a rather...complicated god. I assume this was what some anthropologists refer to as a 'Set animal'. It's not important though. What is important is if this thing is supposed to be a 'guardian' then what is it guarding? Or who is it guarding the area from? Hopefully the missing cats are the worst of our problems."

Alan sighs, composing himself a bit after his ramble. "Joseph, do you have any sort of surveillance equipment? Stakeouts aren't really my forte."

28The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:29 am

Something simple like a digital camera and infra-red trigger, we can get in stores. The ranger might already have something like that, or I've still got contacts in the force.

29The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:26 am

Antisuperman

*nods* I trust you to set everything up properly. I doubt the rangers would let us use their equipment, though. I'll do a bit more research on Set in the meantime. It might help us figure out the motive of whoever summoned the creature.

30The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Joseph is going buy the stuff (probably something that'll come in useful down the line).

31The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:54 pm

DMbobby

Admin

Well Joseph as you got all your starting gear and haven't earned an extra cash unless you wanna burn some XP for wealth you're pretty much broke currently.

32The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:27 am

Vethik

So we have options then, i've got a little money in the bank (Wealth 1[?]) or i can always use the ten finger discount. I've also got some light tools in my backpack and a sugar momma of sorts.

33The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:22 am

Good idea. Meanwhile, I'll go see the ranger again, show him the collars and tell him we're trying to id the culprit (I won't mention any supernatural involvement, just tell him I've been retained by a distraught owner to find their beloved pet). Then I'll ask if he knows a good vantage point overlooking the trail, preferably while remaining hidden (I'll use persuasion if necessary, but hopefully he'll already be in a helpful frame of mind, assuming he wants to stop the wildlife depredations).

34The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 am

DMbobby

Admin

Smith can easily pick up a bunch of cheaper equipment however you need to decide to check out the pawn shop and see if they have anything or take a bus or other transport out of downtown to a shopping center to an electronics store or order online. The pawn shop is closest but even then you'll need to take the time to go back downtown (but the pawn shop is 24 hour), an electronics store will easily take a couple hours out of your day between the 20-ish minute drive each way without traffic plus shopping (also will need to go during the daytime hours), or order online which you could do without going anywhere but will have about a 2 day wait for the items to come in.

35The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:59 am

Antisuperman

Dr. Miers would break off from the group to go and research Set, the Set Animal, the spell, etc...
Seems like the most logical / accessible place to do that would be HACC since it's relatively close and I assume Dr. Miers can get in, given he teaches there.

36The Marshland - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marshland Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:51 pm

DMbobby

Admin

(Rolled a 15 to research) You will be researching for a day or two before you find an obscure reference to "The Hounds of Set" (Will post those findings after a few days of research Wink look back Monday)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum